As we all practice social distancing, we find ourselves spending our time at home with our families. Whether its finding things for your kids to do while you work or fun distractions for you to do together. these activities may help to break the tedium. In hopes of bringing a smile to one or two faces, here are some ideas:
- VIDEO CALLS: It so important to stay connected during this tough time. Schedule video calls with friends and family.
- CHALK YOUR WALK: This one is really catching on around town and I love, love, LOVE it! All you need is chalk, some pavement and your imagination. What a fun and wonderful way to get some fresh air and connect with neighbors in a safe way. Guaranteed to lift the spirits of all participants and passers-by! For inspiration, take a look at my neighbor’s amazing creation and message.
- BOARD GAMES: Take out a classic board game for a family game night. Monopoly, Candy Land, and Chutes and Ladders are all fun. And if you run out of board games, there’s always cards. here’s likely a deck or two gathering dust in a drawer somewhere!
- MAKE A MOVIE: Lights, Camera, Action. We all have cameras and the ability to edit videos on our phones. Put your creative hat on and make your own movies with your family playing staring roles.
- BUILD FORTS: Use cardboard or blankets to build forts throughout your home. Use your forts to have a family camp-out inside.
- SCAVENGER HUNT: Use pictures of family or characters to create a fun scavenger hunt.
TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!!
STAY WELL, STAY SAFE, STAY HOME!!!